Why Social Media Marketing? A strong online social presence leads to credibility – the basis for any marketing venture. Most businesses cannot run without a strong web presence. With more and more potential customers online, you must communicate with them there.
The Internet has changed the way we live and do business and in many ways social media defines our society.
People all over the world use the web every day. Much of their time is spent on social media, the most powerful communication platform. People go online to research products as well as safety and quality issues.
So, your website and social presence should project quality and reliability. They are used to contacting companies via social media, and they expect to see you there. If it’s hard to contact your company, consumers might reach out to a competitor. Another reason why your business should use social media is it humanizes your brand. It makes you approachable, just a click of a button away. A quick answer to questions and complaints, tells your customers that you listen to them.
Google values interaction, which improves your ranking. When people talk about you online, Google pays attention. It’s a good reason for top quality content your visitors need.
Benefits of Using Social Media Marketing
4 major benefits are derived from using social media marketing
- The first and most common reason businesses use social platforms is free marketing. Social networking sites provide direct access to your customers. Your brand receives more exposure and greater reach, at no or low cost. You also avoid printing costs since brochures are updated and uploaded instantly.
- Communication with customers is another major benefit. This covers training, customer support, and interaction per incident. You can set up a closed or public Facebook group or a Google Plus community and invite customers. There they can ask questions and receive support.
- Blogging allows you to present items you want customers to see and react to.
- Video has become the leading method for getting information across. It can be used for demo purposes and training. Google Hangouts and Youtube are the major players.
Social Media Tools
Google Analytics is an important tool. It helps you understand how many visitors come to your site and where they come from. It provides data that tells you which marking efforts are most worthwhile. There are also tools available that help you understand your competitors. Another thing that is vital to understand is your target audience. Who is your ideal customer and how can you reach them?
How to Use Social Media
Using social media is not difficult…
It may take some patience before you use social media to its full potential.
- First set some goals. What do you want to achieve with social media?
- Do you need new customers?
- Do you want to maintain and strengthen your existing customer base?
- Do you want to attract employees?
Figure out what you want and start there. Now choose your platforms:
Pick the best one for your business based on your goals. While you have have a web presence, it doesn’t mean you’ll reap benefits overnight. An active presence needs to be maintained to benefit fully. Appoint an individual at your company to do this for you.