I woke up this morning early and wondered about women in business and about my early days as an entrepreneur. I thought of what was going on in my head at the time. I went back to some surveys that show women are happier in business than men. It’s interesting why 90% of women consider their businesses a success, as opposed to 80% of men.
Women in Business Are Happier for a Number of Reasons
The way women view life is very different to men, and this carries over into the businesses they create and run. Entrepreneurship ties in closely with the way women run their families and manage relationships. Women survive personal struggles by talking, supporting each other, and leaning on others whenever the need arises. When entering the business world, they bring along these home-grown qualities, enabling them to approach business from a customer perspective. There is much both men and women can take away from these observations, including outlook on life and a basic approach to business, as seen in this heartwarming story of self-reliance.
This inspiring video appeared on Facebook
Women in Business Modify Expectations and Create Optimism
- Most women do not go into business with the aim of building something huge or memorable. Perhaps women are happier with their businesses because their expectation are lower.
- Here is a technique to use when starting a business, that keeps you optimistic as well as realistic, while reducing stress. Decide on a minimum income you need to survive – then work backwards to figure out how many widgets or services you need to sell in order to achieve that goal. See this as your success point, and recognize every achievement above this mark as a roaring success. In most cases the goal is achievable, which gives you enough reality-based optimism to move forward and enjoy the ride.
- A woman truly is the proverbial lioness when it comes to protecting and providing for her family. There is no task too menial if it benefits her children.
- Entrepreneurs fresh out of the corporate world, are used to having many things done for them. As a result, on entering a start-up, they need to learn quite a number of mundane skills.
- When it comes to business, women are more inclined to wear many hats, just as they do in their private lives. This ability is vital to a start-up environment.
- Networking and mentoring are the forte of most women, especially women in business. It is what makes our world go round.
- You too, can learn to open up about your concerns, hopes, and fears to close friends and loved ones, which helps keep fear at bay and the creative juices flowing.
- Listening to and communicating with customers is the heart of any successful business.
HERE’S ANOTHER ARTICLE:
“Women are the happier of the sexes, according to new figures. More women are optimists than men and have better work/life balance, But they mistakenly believe men are happier than them overall.”
So, to women out there: Use the above observations to reduce your stress and eliminate the fear of failure. Go for it! Look for something you love to do and turn it into a business. Get SMALL BUSINESS IDEAS & TIPS – How to Become a Successful Entrepreneur now.